The Advertisement Tax is collected from the Advertiser/ Agency for the display of Advertisements within the ULB limits. Advertisements are of different types like hoardings, wall paintings, balloons, slides etc. The Revenue section of the ULB administers the Advertisement taxes and the major processes related to the advertisement tax are as follows.
- Issue of Advertisement permits to the advertisers after collecting necessary registration fee.
- Collection of renewal charges in case of renew of the advertising permits already given
- Issuing licenses for erecting, fixing, retaining, hanging or displaying of advertisements
- Collection of advertisement taxes
- Collection of permission fee in case the land used for advertisements belongs to Municipalities
- Collection of advertisement tax in case of renewals
- Collection of removal charges from the concerned where unauthorized advertisements are removed and
- Leasing out identified places for hoarding to display in the municipal places and as well as private sites within the municipality